Friday, August 17, 2007

Ahhh...School Days

This was I've been arriving late to work for the past 3 out of 4 days helping dear children getting ready for their first days of school. On Monday, Abby started at her new preschool. She has been so excited about it that wasn't really worried how she would adjust. We walked in and the teachers showed Abby were to hand her backpack and which cubby hole was hers. She didn't bother to wait, she went straight to the toys and started playing. We called to her to tell her goodbye. She looked over her shoulder and waved, like we were definitely not at the top of her concern list. My, how fast they grow up. Molly was next on Wednesday. We had gone to "snoop night" at school Monday so she got to meet her teacher and find her desk. We took a load of items so her backpack wouldn't be quite so heavy on Wednesday. She didn't seem to have any problems falling asleep the night before, like I used to. I was always nervous for the first day of school but she seem to take it in stride. Wednesday was only half day so it was just a "get to know you" kind of day. Daphne walked the puppies up to school that afternoon to pick her up. Thank goodness for older sisters. Today was Daphne's first day. I can see the biggest change in her this year. In February, she started taking Tae Kwon Do. I can see how that has helped her self confidence immensely. This morning, she set her alarm for 5:45am in order to take a shower so that I could help her with her hair. You know, you have to look your best because you never know when their might be a cute boy in your class! She even wore a little make up! If you know Daphne at all, you know that she has always been against ANYTHING girly. She has been a tomboy through and through. At the end of July, she decided that, after a year of letting her hair grow out, that she wanted it cut SHORT. She donated it to Locks of Love! I can't wait to see how her first day went.

No comments: