Monday, February 18, 2008
The weekend is over
It's back to the grindstone on a Monday morning. When I left this morning everyone was still in bed. I wish that is where I was. The girls have one final day at home! They have had yet another VERY long weekend. There were off Thursday and Friday for Parent Teacher conferences and today, all 3 are home because of teacher inservice. I don't remember have this many inservice days when I was teaching! Anyway, we had a pretty good weekend. Friday night Abby got her yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do. She was so proud of herself. Paul worked most of Saturday. Molly had a birthday party and I didn't have to yell too much at a 13 year old! Daphne's grades have risen so she is out of grounding and now back in Tae Kwon Do. Her biggest need is structure. When she doesn't have anything to do, she does NOTHING or takes HOURS to do homework. When she has several activities schedules she is really good about sitting down and getting everything done is a timely manner. We are trying a new method with her. We are setting a time limit on homework. Hopefully, this will cure her "distraction problem". Sunday, all 5 of us were home and other than a grocery store run we were home the entire day. I seem to be on a cooking kick lately. I made steak and shrimp tetrizzini Saturday night and beef stew yesterday. I also put my new kitchen aid to the test yesterday by making sugar cookies but not sure it was a great recipe. We'll see how the cookie turn out. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment